1959 - 1970

Home >> Company >> History >> 1959 - 1970
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide

The early years were spent with the development of new markets, the acquisition of earth moving equipment, the "opening" of new mining pits and the techno-economical studies for the extensive investments which followed. 

The first rotary kiln for the production of deadburned magnesia operated in 1967 and the company started exporting to the refractory industry of the Western and Eastern Europe. 

The first classification – preselection unit was built in 1970, almost at the same time as the unit for the qualitative separation of high end grades.
At the same time, caustic magnesia was produced in shaft kilns at quantities ranging from 20.000 to 30,000 t/year and sold to a number of customers.