Spain

Home >> International Presence >> Spain
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide

GRECIAN MAGNESITE participates in Magnesitas Navarras S.A. (MAGNA) (www.magnesitasnavarras.es) of Spain. MAGNA is a leading European magnesia producer, with an annual production of >240,000 tones of caustic and deadburned magnesia and refractory mixes, with a turnover of some 70 million Euros per year. The company owns two subsidiary companies in Mexico and Canada.

MAGNA manufactures and commercializes Magnesia products destined to the steel, agricultural and environmental industries. Refractories comprise about 140,000tpa of production with a wide range of products for the bottom and banks of an EAF, gunning areas of a kiln, and tundish mixes. Remaining production is sold to the agricultural markets (animal feed and fertilizers) as well as in various environmental applications. Grecian Magnesite SA participates in MAGNA with a stake of 40% with the remaining 60% owned by the French Roullier Group.